Brompton-on-Swale C.E. Primary School
Having the courage to shine

Service Pupils 2015

21% of parents/carers who responded to this questionnaire were from service families (i.e. where a family member works in the Army, RAF or Navy).  This is slightly lower but representative of the current proportion of service families in the school which stands at 24%.

The staff are sensitive and supportive to my child at times of extended periods of parental absence.

80% of parents/carers agreed with this statement - although no-one disagreed!  We think that the other 20% haven't experienced recent parental absence and therefore ticked 'neither disagree/agree' or 'not applicable'.

I am aware of the HMS Heroes group operating within school and understand its purpose.

85% of parents agreed with this statement, with 10% disagreeing.  Clearly, we need to ensure that all service families are aware of all the provision that is available for your children to support them - especially when a family member is away from home.  We will aim to communicate more about Miss Webber's HMS Heroes' club in the future and put something on the website so that parents can be better informed.

Do you envisage your child completing their primary school education at this school?

65% of respondents said that expect that their child will complete their primary education at this school.

Please give your reasons for choosing Brompton on Swale CE Primary School for your service child.

Recommended by a friend. Great Ofsted report. Excellent outdoor facilities. Felt welcomed immediately.

It is very important to us that they have extra support available in a pastoral capacity especially as their dad is away during the week as he is often in Africa or deployed. This school has been fantastic in this respect not only for the children but me as well.

Great school

Outstanding Ofsted report was the primary reason. The staff are wonderful and my children are very happy here and progressing marvelously with their education.

It has an excellent reputation and was highly recommended to us. It is an excellent school and we are very thankful that they had a place for my child.

School has a great reputation in the local area.