The Governing Body
Our Governing Body
In the summer of 2021 the Governing Body of Leeming & Londonderry and Pickhill CE Primary Schools federated with the Synergy Schools Federation. The Governing Bodies from each federation were disbanded and a new Synergy Schools Governing Body was elected with Local School Committees appointed.
The Remit of the Governing Body
The main purpose of the Synergy Schools Governing Body is to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of our schools and federation.
- Hold executive leaders to account for educational performance of the schools within the federation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
- Oversee the financial performance of the federation and make sure its money is well spent.
The Structure of our Governing Body
The governing body has considerable discretion as to how to discharge its responsibilities but is required to constitute itself in line with the regulations and to appoint a chair and vice chair. The governing body may delegate certain parts of its responsibilities to certain governors or committees of governors.
Our governing body meets approximately 9 times each year as a full governing body. Our current chair is Mrs Mairi Reed. The governing body has four elected vice chairs of governors who have the following remit:
- Mrs Jane Parker Hack (responsible for Governor Monitoring)
- Dr Victoria Eardley (Chair of Local School Committee for Brompton-on-Swale Church of England Primary School)
- Mrs Andrea Offord (Chair of Local School Committee for Crakehall Church of England Primary School)
- Mrs Anna Smith (Chair of Local School Committee for Leeming and Londonderry Community and Pickhill Church of England Primary Schools)
Local School Committees meet every term (3 times a year). These non-statutory committees undertake the governor monitoring role, hold each school in the Federation to account and provide a direct link to the Full Governing Body. Members of the LSC do not have voting rights on the Full Governing Body unless they are elected to the Full Governing Body.
Synergy Schools Full Governing Body Terms of Reference
Details of our Full Governing Body can be found here
For further information regarding our Full Governing Body please contact the clerk to the Governors - email@example.com